Jackson Corey Barfuss
Jan. 14, 2010
6 lb. 4 oz.
19 1/2 in.
The Story:
My contractions started on Wednesday night at about 8:30. They were pretty far apart and not very painful so I wasn't too sure I was actually in labor. I went to bed at about 12 and was only able to get about an hour of sleep before they were strong enough and close enough together to wake me up and keep me up. My doctor told me not to go to the hospital until the contractions were 3 minutes apart, so I just got to wait around until about 5:30 and then we headed to the hospital. I was hoping when I went in that I would be dilated to like a 5, but I was only at a 3. My doctor came in at about 8:00 and broke my water and told me that if it took me too long to dilate I would have to have another c-section. After he left I got my epidural and was feeling good! I was expecting it to take quite a few more hours, but it ended up only taking about 3 hours to dilate from a 3 to a 10. I ended up pushing for about 40 minutes before he was born and was able to have a successful VBAC! I am so glad I decided to change doctors for this birth because the whole experience was so much more positive and I feel like it made a big impact on being able to do a VBAC.
Raylee came on Thursday night with my mom so she could see Jackson. She wasn't too sure about him at first and didn't really want to hold him, but she warmed up pretty quickly and now she won't stay away.



12 comments:
Congratulations!!! He is absolutely adorable! You guys do have adorable kids!!! I am so glad to hear that he is doing well. Best of luck to all of you!
Congrats! Please please let me know what i can do for you, even if it's just a quick run to the store. He's so cute and tiny!
Congratulations! Glad everything went well. If you guys need ANYTHING, don't hesitate, let us know. I love the picture of Raylee holding him. So cute.
Congrats! He is adorable! For some reason, I thought you still weren't due for a little bit. Was he early? Well I hope you are adjusting well to having two! Good luck! (Oh, and congrats on the VBAC - that's great!)
I love that last picture of him with his eyes open. Can't wait to see you all again!
Congrats! He is darling! Hurray for babies that come a little early!
congrats you guys. he is such a doll. NO lie. I got a little teary because he makes me want a baby boy. Anyway congrats. keep intouch. Steph
He is a cutie! You give me high hopes for a VBAC this go around, so thanks!
Congratulations you guys!! Your little guys is so adorable. I'm glad to hear everything went well and he is doing great.
Congrats! He is adorable. You have the cutest little family. I'm so happy for you! :) Love ya Bean!
Congratulations! He is so cute and tiny! I'm glad to hear that everything went well for both of you! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Cherice! You have such a cute family! I am so glad it went well! Thanks for finding my blog! I am happy to be able to keep in touch with you!
Post a Comment