Yesterday afternoon, I was hard at work on the computer, which was sitting on the arm of the chair as it always is, and Raylee was playing on the floor. She crawled over to the chair and started crying, so I leaned down to pick her up, and somehow the computer fell off the chair. I went to pick up the computer, hoping and praying that nothing was wrong, and about died when I saw what had happened. There was a big crack in the LCD screen (or something like that) that looked like a spider. It wasn't a crack in the actual screen which I thought was good, but it turns out this is much worse.
I made the dreaded call to Corey, and he was pretty nice about it since it had been an accident. He was still pretty upset since this really couldn't have happened at a worse time, since we are about to move into a house and all our extra money has to go to that, and he said that this is one of the most expensive things to fix on a computer.
Corey called into Dell today to find out how much it would cost and the amount is a whopping 498 buckaroonies! It still works, and so for now all my work will be done while looking through a spider, and I guess we'll fork over the mula when we can't see anymore.
As dumb as this sounds, I am secretly hoping that it will somehow fix itself, and it does look a little better today, but I am thinking it isn't likely. Sigh.
9 years ago



2 comments:
This happened to my sister in laws computer. It looked like a spider web! My husband fixes computers and I'm sure he would tell you to not buy it straight from dell...You can find a BRAND NEW LCD screen on ebay for SO MUCH cheaper than that. My husband found one for my sister in law on ebay for $100...brand new! You should look in to that...and if you are not sure what to do but don't want to spend $500 let me know and I'll talk to my husband. I am going to be more careful with my computer now!
That sucks so bad!! I'm so sorry! Things like that always seem to happen at the worse time! Hopefully you can get it fixed for cheaper. Good Luck!
Post a Comment