Thursday, July 17, 2008

I've been tagged

Sorry it took so long Linsay. I was excited you tagged me cause I think it's a great way to get some information down that I otherwise wouldn't have mentioned, but with the move I am just barely getting a second to do it.


10 years ago...1998
I was 14, about to turn 15. It was the summer between 7th and 8th grade and a time I don’t like to think about much. I don’t remember anything in particular happening this summer. I probably just spent my days reading on the porch and hanging out with friends.

5 years ago...2003
I had just returned from my first year at Utah State (and what a year it was!) where I had met Corey and a whole bunch of new friends. I had gotten a job at a day care taking care of 14 two year olds for the summer and on the weekends Corey would come down from Tremonton to visit me. Corey was also lucky enough to go to the cabin for the first time that summer.

5 months ago...February
We had started looking for houses again in January and decided to build and so on February 8th we signed all the papers to begin the process. Raylee also turned 6 months old and got to start solid foods (yum!).

5 things on my to do list tomorrow...
1. Wait for our new couches to come (Wahoo! We have been couchless for a couple of weeks now and have had to watch TV white-trash style, sitting on camp chairs. Not very comfortable.
2. Work my dreaded 5 hours.
3. Play with my baby girl
4. Go to the quilted bear to get some baby legs for Raylee ‘cause having all this room to crawl in is eating up her poor little knees. I saw them their awhile ago and hope they still have them.
5. Make dinner. Any suggestions?

5 things I would do if I was suddenly a billionaire...
1. Quit my job
2. Get completely out of debt
3. Give money to family and charities
4. Go on a major shopping spree
5. Travel, travel, and travel some more.

5 bad habits...
1. Procrastinating. I work best under pressure. In college I actually tried to start a paper a week before it was due and worked for a couple of hours and got no where. So, I put it of until the night before it was due and did it in an hour.
2. Stubbornness. Corey says I am the most stubborn person he knows, but I have to say he is definitely right up there with me.
3. Not eating my green stuff. Corey will not eat any vegetables and so I usually don’t end up making them as much as I should.
4. Cleaning, or the lack of. I am definitely not the worlds best house keeper, but I have made a vow to keep up with it in this house.
5. Eating out. I love eating, but hate cooking so whenever I can convince Corey to go out to eat, we do it. I have made a vow to cut back to just once a week. We will see how I do!

5 places I've lived...
1. Taylorsville
2. South Jordan
3. Logan
4. Brigham City
5. West Haven

5 things people don't know about me...
1. I love musicals. Not just the current musicals like Moulin Rouge, and Chicago, but the old school ones with Doris Day or Gene Kelley. My favorites are Calamity Jane, Singing in the Rain, and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, but the list could go on and on. Lame, I know but there’s just something about everyone magically breaking out in song and dance.
2. My nicknames include but are not limited to: Weez, Weezer, Cheese, Cheeser, Bean, and Reece.
3. I love naps. There is NOTHING like a good nap. I don’t get to take them anymore since I have to use Raylee’s nap to get as much work in as I can, but on the rare occasion that I do get to take one I am in heaven!
4. I am NOT a morning person. I hate waking up early, and when I do I need some time to myself before I deal with those abnormally cheerful morning people (that’s you Corey!). I do not hear alarms. They can be on full blast right next to my ear and chances are good I won’t hear them. In high school my dad would have to come to room every morning and wake me up, and in college my roomie would have to yell my name in order to get me up.
5. I love to read. Most people know that about me, but I can’t think of anything else. I am a sucker for a good romance novel (the clean kind) or a historical fiction. The library has always been one of my favorite places to go.

I tag Alison, Josi, Julie, Sarah, and anyone else who wants to. I won't be offended if you don't want to participate.

No comments: