
I'm not exactly sure how this has happened, but my little Jackson turned 1 on the 14th! So Crazy!! I love this little guy more than I can possible say and it is so hard for me to believe that he is so big already!
The lucky birthday boy got to have visitors all day long. First Coreys sister and her family came by as well as his parents on their way down to mesquite. Then that night we had a party for him with my family. He got to have pizza for dinner which is one of his favorite foods. Then the rest of the night was filled with presents, and cake, as well as a few tears mixed in :) Big days like this one are definitely overwhelming for a certain little boy who didn't really get any naps that day!
Some things about Jackson at 1:
- He Loves Hair! Some kids are attached to blankies or stuffed animals, but Jackson loves to hold my hair (or whoever's is holding him) in his hand and rub his thumb across the ends of it. If he can't find someone elses hair to hold, then he will reach up and grab his.
- He is not the greatest eater. He is pretty picky about what finger foods he eats, and it just depends on the day as to what foods he will eat, but he will still eat any kind of baby food and he still loves rice cereal.
- He mainly communicates through growling and grunting.
- The only words that he says (which he uses very sparingly) are mama, hi, and ought oh. After all, why speak if you can growl :)
- He is a total mama's boy, and I absolutely LOVE it!
- He can give kisses, blow kisses, clap his hands, gives five, waves hi and bye, does "it's good", and plays peek a boo (although he generally misses covering up his eyes and puts his hands on the side of his head instead).
- His favorite toys are definitely balls. He also likes cars and blocks.
- He loves when people sing songs to him. His favorite is a song that Raylee made up called Bubble Bath. He also likes itsy bitsy spider, and 3 little monkeys swinging in the tree.
- He ADORES Raylee. He is usually up an hour before Raylee wakes up and as soon as he hears her coming down the stairs he gets the biggest smile on his face. He loves to play whatever she is playing even if that means he plays princesses (Corey does not approve of this!) He follows her around all day!
- He just took his first two steps on the a couple of days ago!
- He finally started sleeping through the night in the last month, thank goodness!
- His nicknames are Jacks, Mr. J, Buddy, and Buddy Boy
I'm pretty sure I could go on for a lot longer so I better quit now :) I haven't taken him in for is checkup yet, so his stats are still to come!
I love this little boy SO much, and I wonder every day how I was ever blessed with such a sweet and adorable little boy!




2 comments:
Tell Corey not to worry too much about the princess play. Greg's favorite color was pink until he was five and went to Kindergarten. He idolized his big sister and just liked everything she did. When he realized that other boys liked other things, he looked around and made his own choices.
Oh my Cherice, he is SO dang cute!!! I can't believe he is a year already! We really need to hang out sometime soon. How is everything going? Does Corey like his new job? We miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment