Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Child's Prayer

Raylee has been doing a good job of saying prayers by herself, although they often end up being quite entertaining for me and Corey. Tonight was definitely one of those times, and I wanted to write it down before I forget it. It was her turn for our family prayers, and this is how it went...

"Heavenly Father,
Thank you for this day
thank you for our many blessings
thank you for our family
bless we can be safe tomorrow
something about feeling better
something about santa
we love you,
in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"

Corey and I were both trying unsuccessfully not to laugh. I think Heavenly Father must love listening to toddler's prayers :)

3 comments:

JeNnA said...

Hha, my facebook status was that exactly of toddler prayers! Because last night Brynn just toally literally got me cracking up during prayer when she was giving it. I agree. I love them. To add to the giggles here was Brynns....
Heavenly Father, jesus Christ amen, tanks for blessings blessings, tanks for food food, we love thee thee, name jesus chrsit amen amen

I didn't let her know that I was laughing because that is definitely not the way to say the prayer. Not reverent, but anyway, I think Heavenly Father hears their prayers too! :)

Morgan said...

I betcha that the Lord loves their prayers too! It's such a favorite thing to listen to them! I caught Kate and Brooklyn praying by their toys the other day. After the second one, I stopped them, because they were ridiculous. I laugh most of the time too!

Josi said...

Bayley loves to pray along with whichever person's turn it is. So she basically prays every time. We will even say to her before hand, that it is Saedy's turn (or whoever) and her turn will be the next day so she needs to try and be quite. But without fail, she still mimics the whole prayer. It's funny!

I love that Raylee prayed for Santa. Too cute.