Every night since Raylee was born we put her in a swaddling blanket (which we fondly refer to as her strait jacket!). She loves it and it helps her sleep better at night. I knew I would eventually have to stop using it, and I told myself that I would do it when she started rolling over in it since she can't roll herself back with her arms strapped down. Yesterday morning I went in to wake her up since we were going to grandmas that day and she was on her stomach. Darn it! So last night was her first night without the strait jacket, and it was not a fun night. I was up from about 2 am - 5 am because 10 minutes after I would lay her down she would wake herself up with her hands. Finally I remembered that I had read that a good way to "wean" them from the swaddling blanket is to just leave one arm out of the blanket until they get used to that and then take them out completely. After I did that, she slept until 9 this morning. I hope tonight is better because I do not do well without my sleep! So, farewell strait jacket. You will be missed!
9 years ago



4 comments:
I wish Ava would have let me swaddle her because she was constantly waking herslef up with her hands as a baby!
Cherice! Your blog looks so cute! good job! I love the pictures of Raylee! She is so adorable! It is easy huh? I knew you would do so great.. You are almost caught up to me with how many posts you have:)
Cute blog. I love all the cute pictures of Raylee. I miss her :( I haven't ever tired the "strait jacket" with any of my other kids. I thought it was a great idea, so let me know how the weaning goes. Maybe I will try it out with my next one. I have another friend that does a blog of her family too. It is definately a great idea. Maybe you can show me how?????
I love your blog!!! It's such a cute layout! I also love the tub picture with all of her hair. Isabelle is jealous. :)
Post a Comment