Wednesday, March 26, 2008

6 Month Check-Up

Yesterday Raylee went to the doctor for her 6 month check up and shots (yes, she is almost 7 months. I'm a procrastinator, what can I say?!). Everything went pretty well, although she cried basically the entire time. She weighed 12 lb 13 oz and was 25 inches long. This puts her in the 5th percentile for weight and the 25th for height. Since she had gone down on the percentiles since her last check up I am supposed to give her a bottle after I nurse her (annoying!) to make sure she isn't still hungry and I also have to take her in again in a month to make sure she doesn't go down anymore. The doctor didn't seem to worried. He said that she might just be taking after me and will just be little. I guess I better start preparing her now for all the short jokes that will be coming her way! At least now I know why she can still fit into almost all of her 0-3 month clothes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya her moma is short but if Rayray takes after her in beauty as well, we will have ourselves a looker and her daddy will have to fight all the boys off!! I love you both sooooooo much....COREY

Nichole said...

She really is such a beautiful baby girl!! Ava lost weight by the time she got to her 6 month check up too...I also had to give her a bottle after I nursed her...and yes it is a huge pain! I was surprised at how much more she could drink...she must have been starved!! Good luck with that!!

Linsay and Jake said...

Oh yeah, I understand all about the little tiny babes. Bregz is still only 18 pounds and he's 16 months. What do you do though, sometime they're just going to be little. That's ok with me as long as they're healthy.

Jason and Lis Day said...

Addy had the same "problem" at 6 months. She actually lost some weight so we had to start supplementing too. dont be suprised if she refuses to nurse. Addy just took the lazy way. I think it does have to do with the genes in your family though so dont worry about it too much, she's beautiful!