Friday, March 14, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking

Every time I think about scrapbooking I get a sick feeling in my stomach, but I know that I have to do something with all those pictures that I keep taking! I have bought a bunch of supplies in an effort to help, and I have even gotten together with my sister and mom a bunch of times hoping to get a lot done, but everytime I work on my scrapbook nothing gets done. It takes me about 4 hours just to do one page which is overly ridiculous, very frustrating, and makes me never want to scrapbook again causing me to get further and further behind.

A little while ago I was introduced to digital scrapbooking and thought that it was definitely not for me. I thought it was too expensive to print the pages, and that it would be too hard to figure out. I have since changed my mind since I found out that I already had the program to do it on, and I found out you can print them off for pretty cheap at Costco, and you can get a ton of free downloads off of many different digi scrapbooking sites.

I have played around a little on photoshop and read a bunch of tutorials to help me figure this all out, and today I decided to start and finish my first layout no matter how long it took. I am very proud to say that I did it, although it took me forever. Hopefully I will get a lot faster as I go. They are pretty simple and I know that I will want to change a bunch of stuff, but I guess that is the beauty of digital scrapbooking.






2 comments:

Julie said...

I LOVE IT!!! I want to get into digi scrapbooking, but don't know where to start. My sister in law started playing around with it last weekend when we were there, and it looked so cool!!! We'll have to chat and the next sister get together!

Nichole said...

Way cute!! You seem to be an expert for just starting!