Case of Bad Luck #1: We drove home from St. George on Friday morning and Corey dropped me off at my parents so that I could continue to party while he was a good boy and went to work. I ended up staying at my moms that night because I just wasn't done partying, and so I left Corey by himself for the night. Well, I guess on his way home from work he stopped at a Winegars that is about a mile from our house, and when he came out of the store he realized that he had locked his keys in the Jeep. He called me in hopes that mine were at the house, but unfortunately I had left them in the Jeep as well and we didn't have any other sets. So, Corey ended up walking home, finding the hidden key for our house then getting the key to the car. He then grabbed a hanger and drove back to the jeep hoping that he could save us the cost of the locksmith by breaking in. Some guys came out of the grocery store and asked if he needed help. One of them said they had a tool that might work, and luckily it did! I guess since Corey say how easy it was to break into a car he didn't feel comfortable leaving one of our vehicles in the parking lot, so he drove one home and then ran back and drove the other home.
Case of Bad Luck #2: The next morning (Saturday) Corey slept in and was in a hurry to get to work since he was supposed to open. In his hurry he wasn't very careful pulling out of the garage and ripped the sideview mirror off. Luckily he was able to tape it together so it still works until we can go get it fixed, but until then we are looking pretty whitetrash!
Case of Bad Luck #3: On Monday afternoon I needed to run to the grocery store, so Raylee and I hopped into the car. I put the key in the ignition and tried to turn it, and all the sudden the key broke off in the ignition. I never thought a key would do that, but it did. Unfortunately the key had turned the car partially on, so I had to just let it run until Corey got home from work. We lucked out because after some gentle tugging with some pliers Corey was able to get the rest of the key out.
We did have some bad luck, but at least the damages won't be very expensive to repair! Now I think we qualify for a spell of good luck!?!



3 comments:
Wow! This is a bad luck week when it comes to vehicles huh! After what we went through with our Explorer this last week, Jeff now continues to call it our "Exploder"!
How crazy! I feel so bad that Corey had to walk back and forth from Winegars! He should have called Greg. We could have come in a heartbeat to help him... Did he just forget how dang close we live to you guys?! :) Well, PLEASE feel like you guys can call if anything else happens, cuz we can be there in what? 2 minutes? :)
Oh man, I'm sorry guys! What are the chances in all those things happening so close to each other...and all having to do with your vehicles! Crazy! Well, I'm glad you got most of them figured out before they got too expensive. I really hope you guys get lots of good luck now!!!
Post a Comment