Monday, December 8, 2008

Raylee at 15 months


I was pretty lucky for Raylee's first year because Corey was the one who filled out Raylee's baby book, and he did it every month and wouldn't leave any line blank. Well I guess now that the baby book is completed it is up to me to keep track of all the new things (good and not so good) that she has been up to, so here's Raylee at 15 months:



  • She is now a pretty speedy little walker. She still wasn't walking that great at 13 months (still just taking a couple steps at a time) so I had a little talk with her and told her she only had until she was 14 months to start walking and she was an obedient little girl and by 14 months she was walking all by herself.

  • The only word she really says is "dat" (that) and I hear that one word about 3oo times a day while she points to what she wants, and hi. She doesn't say mama very often (although she can) and her daddy comes out as da (which sounds very similar to dat).

  • She knows what a bee, snake, elephant, bear, tiger, llama, and beaver say and she's learning more all the time.

  • She loves to put anything around her neck (like a necklace) that she can and this habit makes me VERY nervous. She also loves to put things (such as cookie cutters on her wrists like bracelets. What a little girlie girl.

  • She now has 12 teeth, and those 4 molars were doozies.
    Her favorite book is Ten Little Ladybugs, but she loves any book especially if it has animals in it.

  • She loves to do the actions to itsy bitsy spider, and loves me to sing patty cake, 5 little monkey swinging in a tree and loves to play peekaboo.

  • She has become a picky eater, especially with her vegetables.

  • She is a little copy cat. If we are sitting a certain way, then she will try to copy where our hands our exactly. When there is a group of people folding their arms for a prayer, she will fold hers so she can be like everyone.

  • She is a little daddy's girl. Whenever her daddy leaves, she goes to the garage door and tries to get it open so she can go with him.

  • She loves balls. Corey got her a little soccer ball and she loves to go around and kick it and throw it.

  • She is not a great sleeper. She had started sleeping through the night again, but then she started getting all her teeth so she now wakes ups anywhere from 1-4 times a night much to my dismay.

  • She loves to dance. She always hears the music in everything, and there are a lot of times I don't even here it until I look over and see her dancing and she's got some great moves.
    She can point to her: head/hair, eyes, nose, tummy, and toes.

This list could probably go on and on forever so I will stop now, but our little Ray Ray is learning SO many new things everyday. She is a sweet girl and can always put a smile on our faces! We our SO lucky to have her in our lives!!

2 comments:

alison said...

She looks so grown up with her BIG pigtails! Raylee is one smart little cookie- I have no idea what a llama and beaver say! Give her hugs for me.

Josi said...

What a cutie! Growing so fast. We (especially Saedy) have really enjoyed being able to see her more these last few weeks. I also was wondering what a llama and beaver say. I will ask Raylee next time I see her.