Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I've created a MONSTER!


It all started about a month ago.....


I was desperately trying to get some work in since I had been really behind on my hours, but unfortunatey Raylee had figured out that she could pop the keys off the computer and I couldn't distract her with any toys, so I put on a cartoon on for her hoping that I would be able to work for a few minutes in peace. She loved the cartoon and watched a lot more of it then I thought she would, so since then I have been guilty of putting on some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or The Backyardigans for her so that I could get a little more work in. I try hard to not let her watch too much TV, but lately it is getting harder and harder. She has figured out that I use the remote to put a show on for her, so she likes to find the remote and bring it to me with her big puppy dog eyes, and when I won't put one on for her she throws a huge tantrum (yep, she's gotten to the stage of the throwing herself on the floor while crying and screaming tantrums. So fun.). When I do put a show on for her she makes me scoot her chair over by the coffee table so she can sit in to watch her show.


I still put on a show for her while I work to help entertain her, but now I just get a good dose of tantrums and tears to go along with it and have also resorted to hiding the remote. The good news is that Corey has discovered that he also loves The Backyardigans and he and Raylee often watch it together.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I created a monster too. Jarrett is obsessed with TV and he has a meltdown when I say no. I have to admit though, I love being able to clean without him in my space!!!

Natalie said...

I hear you. I never let Nicole watch TV until she was like 3 and then only 1 or 2 shows a day. Then I got pregnant and even before I knew there were three, I was so sick and tired that I put a movie on for her everyday while I take a nap since she's done with those. I guess that's not going to end anytime soon. Hopefully no permanent damage done. Go ahead and check out our blog. It's kind of crazy. Something you never think will happen to you.

Morgan said...

Oh yes, I have created 3 of those monsters ! It is just too convenient to pass up. I try and balance it, but they love it and are so happy watching it, that I can't hardly resist!
She is a beauty, though!
Do you digital scrapbook? I just notice that your header changes often, and that it is so cute...that is something I want to get into someday...when I have time!
You blog is cute!

Julie said...

HAHA! I love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse too. Isabelle will only watch about 30 seconds before she's off and running. I have tried numerous times and numerous shows to show her how exciting the TV is for 30 minutes of sanity for me, but so far no success. A little TV never hurt anyone! Isabelle has started the tantrums too. I think they're so funny. I don't laugh out loud so I don't egg her on, but it's hilarious!

Cam and Mary said...

Hey Cherice, I am Tim's little sister. I know I've met you before! Anyways, I just wanted to say hi to you and Corey. Your little girl is adorable!

Josi said...

I used to feel guilty about letting Saedy watch so much t.v. Not so much anymore, really it is the only way to get anything done! At least there are a lot of cute and educational cartoons around out there.

The McKee's said...

She is so cute! And I am so glad that Corey has found a new favorite show! You'll have to ask Kirt what his favorite Barbie movie is!