Thursday, August 28, 2008

Birthday Girl!


Yesterday was Raylee's 1st birthday! I can't believe that it's already come and gone. Even though I knew Raylee would never remember the day and that she had no idea that it was even her birthday, I still wanted to make it a special day. It was a really fun day for me because I got spend the whole day playing with Raylee where usually I have to try to get 5 hours of work in. At 4:30 Corey got home from work and we let her open her presents from us so she could have a couple hours to play with them before everyone arrived for her party. We gave her a giraffe rocking toy, a pig that walks and oinks, and some clothes.


Corey's family came at 7 (we had already celebrated her birthday with my fam) to help us celebrate. For dinner we had pizza, which Raylee loves (although I think we could have had anything but green beans and she would have been happy! Then it was time for the presents. Raylee had lots of fun playing with her new toys and her cousins.


Daddy helped her open her presents.

Raylee and all her cousins playing with one of her toys.
Here is a quick rundown of the presents she got from everyone:
--Grandpa Bryce and Grandma Sherie gave her a minnie mouse jacket, mickey mouse and friends rubber toys, and some hair clippies (Sherie had just gotten back from disneyland so she got her presents there)
--Jeff and Josi and fam gave her an animal train
--Jaime and Daniel and fam gave her an ariel block set
--Chris and Mandy and fam gave her a soft cinderella doll and horse
--Grandpa and Grandma Whipple gave her two outfits, some pajamas, and 2 books
--Alison and Baylen and fam gave her a magnetic fridge farm
Talk about lots of new stuff!! What a lucky little girl.


Raylee loves her Cinderella doll, so she had to give her kisses. (Yep, she's already doing open mouthed kisses. We are in trouble in future years!)
Anyway, after the presents we sang happy birthday to her and she(meaning Corey and I) got to blow out the candle on her sunshine cake. She wasn't sure about everyone singing to her and she couldn't figure out why I wouldn't let her start eating the cake.
Then it was time to dig in, and she did just that. We let her have the whole cake to herself, and she loved it! I was worried that she would have a tummy ache from all that she ate, but she was as good as gold and she didn't get near as dirty as I thought she would!
The day couldn't have been more perfect! Raylee was so lucky for her first birthday because she got to celebrate it a couple of different days, so thanks to everyone for making her birthday week so special!!

5 comments:

Josi said...

Cherice you did a great job on the cake. Very cute. I am glad Raylee had a good day, and sorry we had to miss the party!

The Swensons said...

What a cute cake! You are so domestic. I'm glad she had a great day. 1st birthdays are always fun, even when the kids don't remember them! :)

Linsay and Jake said...

Happy Birthday Raylee! That little cutie is one, holy moly! I love the sunshine cake Cherice! Can you believe you have a one year old? I thought it was really crazy when Bregz turned one and now he's almost two. It just gets crazier and crazier!

Erin said...

Happy 1st Birthday Raylee! I am sure the time is just flying by. She is so cute!

Allreds said...

Love the house:) Raylee so cute on her big day, and my kids are good at the open mouth kisses too. Keep in touch. Stephanie